Negredo move to City almost done, Sevilla president says
MADRID (Reuters) - Sevilla are close to agreeing the sale of Spain striker Alvaro Negredo to Manchester City and a deal could be completed within hours, the La Liga club's president said on Wednesday.
"We are on the verge of closing the deal with Manchester City, only a few loose ends remain," president Jose Maria del Nido told reporters. "If nothing strange happens, we will say goodbye to him this afternoon."
Negredo, 27, would join compatriot and Sevilla team mate Jesus Navas at City, the Spain winger who sealed his move to Manchester last month.
(Reporting by Iain Rogers, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew as rescue hampered by tides |
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial for assault