Samsung sees smartphone ASP down in Q3 due to cheaper models
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Friday expected its average selling prices of smartphones to decline slightly in the third quarter, because of the growing portion of mid- and low-end smartphones.
The South Korean company also forecast its tablet shipments would jump by slightly more than 30 percent in the July to September period from the preceding quarter.
The remarks were made by Kim Hyun-joon, vice president of Samsung's mobile business, during an earnings conference call.
(Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- UPDATE 5-Tennis-Indian Wells men's singles round 2 results
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source