Samsung sees smartphone ASP down in Q3 due to cheaper models
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Friday expected its average selling prices of smartphones to decline slightly in the third quarter, because of the growing portion of mid- and low-end smartphones.
The South Korean company also forecast its tablet shipments would jump by slightly more than 30 percent in the July to September period from the preceding quarter.
The remarks were made by Kim Hyun-joon, vice president of Samsung's mobile business, during an earnings conference call.
(Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry sinking |
- Separatists take armoured vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again |
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |