Samsung sees smartphone ASP down in Q3 due to cheaper models
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Friday expected its average selling prices of smartphones to decline slightly in the third quarter, because of the growing portion of mid- and low-end smartphones.
The South Korean company also forecast its tablet shipments would jump by slightly more than 30 percent in the July to September period from the preceding quarter.
The remarks were made by Kim Hyun-joon, vice president of Samsung's mobile business, during an earnings conference call.
(Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- Shares jump, yen slumps as Bank of Japan cranks up stimulus |