Gunmen kill seven Tunisian soldiers near Algeria border - radio station
TUNIS (Reuters) - Gunmen shot dead seven Tunisian soldiers near the Algerian border on Monday, according to Tunisia's Mosaique radio station.
There was no word on the attack from the army, and the identity of the assailants was unclear. A similar ambush near the border on police in April was blamed on hardline Islamist militants.
(Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Gaza fighting flares, Netanyahu and U.N. chief spar on truce terms |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Ukraine claims more territory as fight intensifies with rebels