Gunmen kill seven Tunisian soldiers near Algeria border - radio station
TUNIS (Reuters) - Gunmen shot dead seven Tunisian soldiers near the Algerian border on Monday, according to Tunisia's Mosaique radio station.
There was no word on the attack from the army, and the identity of the assailants was unclear. A similar ambush near the border on police in April was blamed on hardline Islamist militants.
(Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- In class obsessed Britain, tweet of 'white van' man hits nerve
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
- Conservatives, states set to launch legal blitz against Obama over immigration
- Serbian fan killed in Istanbul Euroleague violence – consul