Gunmen kill seven Tunisian soldiers near Algeria border - radio station
TUNIS (Reuters) - Gunmen shot dead seven Tunisian soldiers near the Algerian border on Monday, according to Tunisia's Mosaique radio station.
There was no word on the attack from the army, and the identity of the assailants was unclear. A similar ambush near the border on police in April was blamed on hardline Islamist militants.
(Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will "boomerang" |
- As Ukraine crisis deepens, Russia's neighbours boost defences
- Britain says Scotland split would put Scottish pensions at risk
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase