Bayer says eye drug meets goal in diabetic macular edema trials
FRANKFURT Aug 6 (Reuters) - Bayer said on Tuesday that two late-stage studies testing its drug VEGF Trap-Eye against diabetic macular edema (DME) met their primary goals.
Bayer co-develops the eye drug, also known as Eylea, with Regeneron.
Bayer said that Regeneron now expects to submit an application for U.S. marketing approval for the treatment of DME in 2013, about a year earlier that previously planned.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Aviva falls on Friends Life merger plan doubts |
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts