Tennis-USTA to unveil plan for roof at US Open stadium
NEW YORK Aug 14 (Reuters) - The United States Tennis Association (USTA) will reveal plans to build a retractable roof over the centre court Arthur Ashe Stadium as part of major changes to the Flushing Meadows venue.
The USTA announced a news conference for Thursday to detail the plans including the creation of two new stadiums at the venue, known as the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. (Reporting by Simon Evans; editing by Ossian Shine)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N.
- Netanyahu, showing seized rockets, says Iran fooling the world