Tennis-Wimbledon champion Bartoli announces shock retirement
CINCINNATI Aug 14 (Reuters) - Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli shocked the tennis world on Wednesday by announcing her retirement from the sport at the age of 28.
After a second round loss to Romanian Simona Halep at the Western and Southern Open, the Frenchwoman came into the media room and said: "I just can't do it anymore". (Reporting by Steve Keating; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise budget
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day