Tennis-Injured Tsonga pulls out of U.S. Open
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will not compete at this month's U.S. Open tennis grand slam after failing to recover in time from a knee injury.
The world number eight said he needed to take care of himself and make sure he was able to play at 100 percent before returning to the tour.
"It would be stupid to go there knowing full well that I have no chance because I'm not prepared enough," he said on his website.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |