Tennis-Injured Tsonga pulls out of U.S. Open
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will not compete at this month's U.S. Open tennis grand slam after failing to recover in time from a knee injury.
The world number eight said he needed to take care of himself and make sure he was able to play at 100 percent before returning to the tour.
"It would be stupid to go there knowing full well that I have no chance because I'm not prepared enough," he said on his website.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Barclays profits fall as investment bank income sags
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- African girls to sue British Airways over alleged abuse by pilot
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |