Tennis-Injured Tsonga pulls out of U.S. Open
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will not compete at this month's U.S. Open tennis grand slam after failing to recover in time from a knee injury.
The world number eight said he needed to take care of himself and make sure he was able to play at 100 percent before returning to the tour.
"It would be stupid to go there knowing full well that I have no chance because I'm not prepared enough," he said on his website.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route