Tennis-Injured Tsonga pulls out of U.S. Open
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will not compete at this month's U.S. Open tennis grand slam after failing to recover in time from a knee injury.
The world number eight said he needed to take care of himself and make sure he was able to play at 100 percent before returning to the tour.
"It would be stupid to go there knowing full well that I have no chance because I'm not prepared enough," he said on his website.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke