Tennis-Injured Tsonga pulls out of U.S. Open
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga will not compete at this month's U.S. Open tennis grand slam after failing to recover in time from a knee injury.
The world number eight said he needed to take care of himself and make sure he was able to play at 100 percent before returning to the tour.
"It would be stupid to go there knowing full well that I have no chance because I'm not prepared enough," he said on his website.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- In class obsessed Britain, tweet of 'white van' man hits nerve
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
- Aviva in £5.6 billion deal to buy Friends Life after pensions shake-up
- Lavrov accuses West of seeking 'regime change' in Russia