Tennis-Sharapova out of U.S. Open with shoulder injury
Aug 21 (Reuters) - Third seeded Maria Sharapova has pulled out of next week's U.S. Open due to a shoulder injury, tournament organisers said on Wednesday.
"Maria has informed us that she will be unable to compete at the US Open this year due to a right shoulder bursitis and has withdrawn from the tournament," tournament director David Brewer said in a statement.
"We wish her a speedy recovery and look forward to her return to New York next year." (Reporting By Simon Evans, editing by Nick Mulvenney)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Gunmen execute 18 alleged collaborators in Gaza
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- For embattled Ukraine rebels, no time to honour the dead