Tennis-Morita pulls out of U.S. Open
NEW YORK Aug 25 (Reuters) - Ayumi Morita has withdrawn from the U.S. Open because of a lower back injury, tournament organisers said on Sunday.
Morita was due to play Italy's Sara Errani, the fourth seed, in the opening round of the U.S. Open, starting on Monday.
Her place in the women's singles draw will be filled by Australia's Olivia Rogowska.
(Reporting by Julian Linden; editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |