Tennis-Morita pulls out of U.S. Open
NEW YORK Aug 25 (Reuters) - Ayumi Morita has withdrawn from the U.S. Open because of a lower back injury, tournament organisers said on Sunday.
Morita was due to play Italy's Sara Errani, the fourth seed, in the opening round of the U.S. Open, starting on Monday.
Her place in the women's singles draw will be filled by Australia's Olivia Rogowska.
(Reporting by Julian Linden; editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Bank of England eyes wage puzzle as it mulls when to raise rates
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- GlaxoSmithKline warns on profits as lung drug sales flag