Tennis-Morita pulls out of U.S. Open
NEW YORK Aug 25 (Reuters) - Ayumi Morita has withdrawn from the U.S. Open because of a lower back injury, tournament organisers said on Sunday.
Morita was due to play Italy's Sara Errani, the fourth seed, in the opening round of the U.S. Open, starting on Monday.
Her place in the women's singles draw will be filled by Australia's Olivia Rogowska.
(Reporting by Julian Linden; editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Microsoft beats Wall Street on new CEO debut |