Tennis-Morita pulls out of U.S. Open
NEW YORK Aug 25 (Reuters) - Ayumi Morita has withdrawn from the U.S. Open because of a lower back injury, tournament organisers said on Sunday.
Morita was due to play Italy's Sara Errani, the fourth seed, in the opening round of the U.S. Open, starting on Monday.
Her place in the women's singles draw will be filled by Australia's Olivia Rogowska.
(Reporting by Julian Linden; editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Pistorius shoves race, crime and punishment in South Africa's face
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients