Heysham 1-1 nuclear reactor offline for maintenance
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's 610-megawatt Heysham 1-1 nuclear plant has gone into a planned maintenance period on Tuesday after being taken offline last week due to an electrical fault, operator EDF said in a statement.
"On August 27 Heysham 1 unit 1 started its planned statutory outage," a company spokesman said.
The 610-megawatt Heysham 1-2 reactor also remains offline following an electrical fault affecting gas turbines at the complex on Friday, EDF said.
(Reporting by Oleg Vukmanovic; Editing by Louise Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |
- Insight - Frankfurt exchange's China dream turns to nightmare
- Arab Bank liable over Hamas attacks - U.S. jury
- French national taken in Algeria, group claims kidnapping