Heysham 1-1 nuclear reactor offline for maintenance
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's 610-megawatt Heysham 1-1 nuclear plant has gone into a planned maintenance period on Tuesday after being taken offline last week due to an electrical fault, operator EDF said in a statement.
"On August 27 Heysham 1 unit 1 started its planned statutory outage," a company spokesman said.
The 610-megawatt Heysham 1-2 reactor also remains offline following an electrical fault affecting gas turbines at the complex on Friday, EDF said.
(Reporting by Oleg Vukmanovic; Editing by Louise Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone