Heysham 1-1 nuclear reactor offline for maintenance
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's 610-megawatt Heysham 1-1 nuclear plant has gone into a planned maintenance period on Tuesday after being taken offline last week due to an electrical fault, operator EDF said in a statement.
"On August 27 Heysham 1 unit 1 started its planned statutory outage," a company spokesman said.
The 610-megawatt Heysham 1-2 reactor also remains offline following an electrical fault affecting gas turbines at the complex on Friday, EDF said.
(Reporting by Oleg Vukmanovic; Editing by Louise Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Bank of England eyes wage puzzle as it mulls when to raise rates
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- GlaxoSmithKline warns on profits as lung drug sales flag