PM Cameron: Any Syria action must be specific, avoid wider war
LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister David Cameron said on Tuesday that any military action against Syria must be specific and not entail being dragged into a wider Middle East conflict.
"This is not about getting involved in a Middle Eastern war or changing our stance in Syria or going further into that conflict," Cameron told reporters in his first public comments on the matter. "It's about chemical weapons. Their use is wrong and the world shouldn't stand idly by."
(Reporting by Andrew Osborn; Editing by Guy Faulconbridge)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Shelling of Gaza school kills at least 15; toll nears 800 |
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane