Tennis-Azarenka steams into third round at U.S. Open
NEW YORK Aug 29 (Reuters) - Victoria Azarenka charged into the third round of the U.S. Open on Thursday with a 6-3 6-1 win over Canada's Aleksandra Wozniak.
Last year's U.S. Open runner-up, Azarenka had some problems with her serve on a windy day and was broken three times.
But the world number two was always in control of the match and cruised to victory in a little over an hour.
Her opponent in the third round is Alize Cornet of France, the 26th seed, who beat Croatia's Ajla Tomljanovic 6-2 6-2. (Reporting by Julian Linden; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down