Tennis-Ferrer cruises into third round at U.S. Open
NEW YORK Aug 29 (Reuters) - David Ferrer sailed into the third round of the U.S. Open on Thursday with a 6-3 6-7(5) 6-1 6-2 win over his fellow Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut.
Ferrer, seeded fourth, lost the second set in a tiebreak but was otherwise untroubled as he continued his consistent run at the grand slams.
The Spaniard has made it to at least the third round in each of the last 15 grand slams.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report