Tennis-Ferrer cruises into third round at U.S. Open
NEW YORK Aug 29 (Reuters) - David Ferrer sailed into the third round of the U.S. Open on Thursday with a 6-3 6-7(5) 6-1 6-2 win over his fellow Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut.
Ferrer, seeded fourth, lost the second set in a tiebreak but was otherwise untroubled as he continued his consistent run at the grand slams.
The Spaniard has made it to at least the third round in each of the last 15 grand slams.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day