CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady after Couche-Tard offsets weaker golds
TORONTO, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Friday as a decline in gold-mining shares, which fell with the price of bullion, was offset by gains in Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc after the retailer reported quarterly results. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 2.28 points, or 0.02 percent, at 12,707.01 shortly after the open.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll