CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady after Couche-Tard offsets weaker golds
TORONTO, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Friday as a decline in gold-mining shares, which fell with the price of bullion, was offset by gains in Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc after the retailer reported quarterly results. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 2.28 points, or 0.02 percent, at 12,707.01 shortly after the open.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Tennis-Monday's order of play at U.S. Open