Tennis-Nadal crushes Brazilian Silva to power into third round
NEW YORK Aug 29 (Reuters) - Rafa Nadal remains undefeated on hardcourts this year by crushing Rogerio Dutra Silva of Brazil 6-2 6-1 6-0 to storm into the third round of the U.S. Open on Thursday.
The second-seeded Spaniard improved his hardcourt mark to 17-0, a run that has brought him tournament titles at Indian Wells, Montreal and Cincinnati among his nine trophies in 2013.
Nadal faced only one break point in the 92-minute rout on Arthur Ashe Stadium's center court, ripping 30 winners to just nine.
World number two Nadal, who missed the 2012 U.S. Open because of a knee injury, will next play Ivan Dodig of Croatia, a 6-1 6-4 6-4 winner against Russian Nikolay Davydenko.
(Reporting by Larry Fine, Editing by Ian Ransom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report |
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |