Tennis-Radwanska downs Pavlyuchenkova to reach last 16
NEW YORK Aug 30 (Reuters) - The ultra-consistent Agnieszka Radwanska wore down Russia's Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 6-4 7-6 (1) on Friday to reach the fourth round at the U.S. Open, continuing her impressive streak at this year's grand slams.
The third seeded Radwanksa survived some anxious moments against Pavlyuchenkova before sealing victory in 73 minutes.
She will play Sabine Lisicki or Ekaterina Makarova in the round of 16.
If she wins her next match, the Pole will become the only woman to reach the quarter-finals at all four grand slams this year. (Reporting by Julian Linden; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
- Salmond says Scots tricked out of independence
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown |