Tennis-Wozniacki roars into third round at U.S. Open
NEW YORK Aug 29 (Reuters) - Former world number one Caroline Wozniacki raced to a 6-1 6-2 win over South Africa's Chanelle Scheepers to reach the third round of the U.S. Open on Thursday.
The sixth-seeded Dane, made to work hard for her first-round victory over Chinese qualifier Duan Yingying, dropped her first service game on Arthur Ashe Stadium court but never looked back in the 67-minute romp.
"I'm really pleased with the way I was moving today and moving from defense to offense," Wozniacki said on-court.
Wozniacki will next play Italy's Camila Giorgi, a 6-4 7-6 (8) winner over Hsieh Su-Wei of Taiwan.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- African girls to sue British Airways over alleged abuse by pilot
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |