Allies concerned over UK opposition's Syria stance - minister
LONDON (Reuters) - The United States and some European countries are concerned about the decision by Britain's opposition Labour Party to vote down a government motion that could have paved the way for a strike on Syria, Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Sunday.
"There is some serious concern in other capitals, not just across the Atlantic but in European capitals as well, about the position they (Labour) have taken in voting down a government motion (on Syria)," Hague told Sky TV.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- St James's Place outperforms as FTSE stages late rally
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- Labour faces collapse in support in Scotland - poll
- Barclays sets aside 500 million pounds for FX fines as profits rise |