Allies concerned over UK opposition's Syria stance - minister
LONDON (Reuters) - The United States and some European countries are concerned about the decision by Britain's opposition Labour Party to vote down a government motion that could have paved the way for a strike on Syria, Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Sunday.
"There is some serious concern in other capitals, not just across the Atlantic but in European capitals as well, about the position they (Labour) have taken in voting down a government motion (on Syria)," Hague told Sky TV.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked team attacked despite lockdown
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Argentine President said received Islamic State threats
- Brown says London must keep promise to Scotland as political truce ends