Allies concerned over UK opposition's Syria stance - minister
LONDON (Reuters) - The United States and some European countries are concerned about the decision by Britain's opposition Labour Party to vote down a government motion that could have paved the way for a strike on Syria, Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Sunday.
"There is some serious concern in other capitals, not just across the Atlantic but in European capitals as well, about the position they (Labour) have taken in voting down a government motion (on Syria)," Hague told Sky TV.
(Reporting By Costas Pitas; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mandela's body lying in state, thousands queue to say goodbye |
- Boxing champ Klitschko faces ban on running for Ukraine presidency
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial
- Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |