Allies concerned over UK opposition's Syria stance - minister
LONDON (Reuters) - The United States and some European countries are concerned about the decision by Britain's opposition Labour Party to vote down a government motion that could have paved the way for a strike on Syria, Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Sunday.
"There is some serious concern in other capitals, not just across the Atlantic but in European capitals as well, about the position they (Labour) have taken in voting down a government motion (on Syria)," Hague told Sky TV.
(Reporting By Costas Pitas; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N.
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Netanyahu, showing seized rockets, says Iran fooling the world