Wiggins to lead Team Sky at Tour of Britain
(Reuters) - Bradley Wiggins will lead a six-man Team Sky squad to compete in the Tour of Britain, which begins on September 15 in Peebles, Scotland.
The 2012 Tour de France champion and multiple Olympic medallist returned from a knee injury at the Tour of Poland five weeks ago and will ride with fellow Brits Ian Stannard and Josh Edmondson, as well as Australia's Mathew Hayman, Spain's David Lopez and Austrian Bernhard Eisel.
"I'm coming into the race feeling really good.
"It finishes in close proximity to the world time trial championships which is my main late-season goal," the 33-year-old said in a statement, referring to the world championships in Florence.
The eight-day race will also feature stages in Wales and England.
(Reporting by Josh Reich; edited by Martyn Herman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead - officials
- Poland: NATO should send troops to east Europe, ignore Russia's objections
- UPDATE 16-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles results