Wiggins to lead Team Sky at Tour of Britain
(Reuters) - Bradley Wiggins will lead a six-man Team Sky squad to compete in the Tour of Britain, which begins on September 15 in Peebles, Scotland.
The 2012 Tour de France champion and multiple Olympic medallist returned from a knee injury at the Tour of Poland five weeks ago and will ride with fellow Brits Ian Stannard and Josh Edmondson, as well as Australia's Mathew Hayman, Spain's David Lopez and Austrian Bernhard Eisel.
"I'm coming into the race feeling really good.
"It finishes in close proximity to the world time trial championships which is my main late-season goal," the 33-year-old said in a statement, referring to the world championships in Florence.
The eight-day race will also feature stages in Wales and England.
(Reporting by Josh Reich; edited by Martyn Herman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |