New Mexico high court to hear arguments for same-sex marriage statewide
SANTA FE, New Mexico
SANTA FE, New Mexico (Reuters) - The New Mexico Supreme Court agreed on Friday to decide whether to legalise same-sex matrimony statewide, after several counties recently began issuing marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples, lawyers representing the couples said.
The state's high court set a hearing for October 23 to consider a request by the New Mexico Association of Counties for a decision that would settle the issue for all 33 counties statewide, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and the National Centre for Lesbian Rights.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 2-Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |