Tennis-Murray to have back surgery, may miss rest of season
LONDON, Sept 19
LONDON, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Wimbledon champion Andy Murray is to undergo minor back surgery and may be sidelined for the rest of the season, the BBC reported on Thursday.
The 26-year-old missed this year's French Open due to a back injury but recovered to become the first British man to win Wimbledon for 77 years.
He lost his U.S. Open title in a quarter-final defeat this month to Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka.
Murray, the world number three, has qualified for the season-ending World Tour finals in London in November but may be forced to miss the tournament, the report said. (Reporting by Ed Osmond; editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- U.S. says Russian-directed counteroffensive in Ukraine cities likely underway
- Ukraine seizes another Russian soldier in east of country - Interfax