Berlusconi says he has yet to decide whether to back Italy govt
ROME (Reuters) - Italian centre-right leader Silvio Berlusconi said on Wednesday that he has yet to decide whether he will support Prime Minister Enrico Letta's government in a parliamentary confidence vote.
"We'll see what happens. We'll listen to Letta's speech and then we'll decide," Berlusconi told reporters upon his arrival in the Senate before the vote.
Berlusconi's People of Freedom (PDL) party risks splitting if the media tycoon urges his lawmakers to vote against the government because his PDL ministers have said they are ready to defy their leader and back Letta.
(Reporting by Roberto Landucci; writing by Steve Scherer.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- American detained in North Korea gets job back with Ohio city
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps