Berlusconi says he has yet to decide whether to back Italy govt
ROME (Reuters) - Italian centre-right leader Silvio Berlusconi said on Wednesday that he has yet to decide whether he will support Prime Minister Enrico Letta's government in a parliamentary confidence vote.
"We'll see what happens. We'll listen to Letta's speech and then we'll decide," Berlusconi told reporters upon his arrival in the Senate before the vote.
Berlusconi's People of Freedom (PDL) party risks splitting if the media tycoon urges his lawmakers to vote against the government because his PDL ministers have said they are ready to defy their leader and back Letta.
(Reporting by Roberto Landucci; writing by Steve Scherer.)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- TIMELINE-Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source