RPT-Fitch: Thailand's policy management central to rating
(Repeat for additional subscribers)
Oct 3 (Reuters) - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)
Fitch Ratings says Thailand's strong economic policy framework is an important support to the sovereign rating, which was upgraded to 'BBB+'/Stable in March.
Signs of slippage in policy management could undermine the country's credit profile and market confidence at a time when Emerging Asia faces tapering of Fed stimulus and lower commodity prices stemming from China's slowdown.
However, Thailand has strong buffers: a record of relatively low and stable inflation, moderate public debt and its status as an external creditor, Fitch said in a presentation at its Bangkok conference on 27 September.
"Thailand's Sovereign Credit in Global Perspective" - an abridged version of a presentation on Thailand's sovereign credit at the event - is available from www.fitchresearch.com or by clicking on the link below.
Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: Thailand's Sovereign Credit in Global Perspective
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- UK says scrambles jets to see off Russian planes near Scotland