Tennis-Murray pulls out of ATP World Finals
LONDON Oct 9 (Reuters) - Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has withdrawn from next month's World Tour Finals in London as he continues his recovery from back surgery.
"I'm really disappointed not to be playing this year. I love playing in front of my home crowd, it's a great atmosphere," the British world number three said in a statement on Wednesday.
Murray had surgery last month to clear up a long-standing back problem.
Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer have already secured spots at the season-ending event, which is fought out between the top eight qualified players. The tournament runs from Nov. 4-11. (Writing by Alison Wildey; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Schalke's Di Matteo to use home record to stop Chelsea
- Boeing says frustrated by Canada move to extend life of fighter jets
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors