Tennis-Murray pulls out of ATP World Finals
LONDON Oct 9 (Reuters) - Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has withdrawn from next month's World Tour Finals in London as he continues his recovery from back surgery.
"I'm really disappointed not to be playing this year. I love playing in front of my home crowd, it's a great atmosphere," the British world number three said in a statement on Wednesday.
Murray had surgery last month to clear up a long-standing back problem.
Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer have already secured spots at the season-ending event, which is fought out between the top eight qualified players. The tournament runs from Nov. 4-11. (Writing by Alison Wildey; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Hurricane-force winds hit Scotland, close in on Germany
- Osborne says vindicated by growth rebound, vows to stay on course |
- Special Report - Thailand secretly dumps Myanmar refugees into trafficking rings
- UK major threw laptop with sensitive Iraq photos from ferry