Spain's Air Europa to exercise option to buy 8 Dreamliners
MADRID Oct 12 (Reuters) - Spanish airline Air Europa plans to exercise an option to acquire eight Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft, a spokesman for the company said, confirming an earlier report in financial newspaper El Economista.
"These planes will reach us from 2020," the spokesman said.
The planned acquisition follows Air Europa's order for eight new Boeing 737s in the week through to Sept. 24.
Air Europa's buying streak forms part of a strong expansion drive in to medium- and long-haul routes left by the rival airline Iberia .
In the first nine months of 2013, Air Europa carried some 10.5 million passengers, around 450,000 more than Iberia, according to airport operator Aena.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Schalke's Di Matteo to use home record to stop Chelsea
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors
- Boeing says frustrated by Canada move to extend life of fighter jets