Tennis-Murray in dash to Palace after drugs test
LONDON Oct 17 (Reuters) - Wimbledon champion Andy Murray was held up on his way to receive an OBE at Buckingham Palace by a random drugs test on Thursday.
The Scot, who was to receive the honour from Prince William, got an unexpected knock on the door just as he was sprucing himself up for his royal engagement.
"In the middle of a drug test hahaha I'm goin to be late!!" Murray, who is recovering from back surgery, said on Twitter.
Murray became the first British man in 77 years to win Wimbledon when he beat Novak Djokovic in July, a year after winning the Olympic gold mdal. (Reporting by Martyn Herman; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error |
- Echoes of Law in 1974 as City's Lampard shuns celebration
- Siemens to buy Dresser-Rand to tap U.S. shale gas boom
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots