Tennis-Tired Nadal withdraws from Basel indoor tournament
Oct 18 (Reuters) - World tennis number one Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from next week's Basel indoor tournament because of fatigue.
The 27-year-old Spaniard, who has reclaimed top spot in the rankings after a superb year since returning from injury in February, announced his decision on his Facebook page.
"Sorry to announce that I won't travel to Basel in Switzerland but after very exhausting weeks I have to regroup my fitness and my body," said Nadal, this year's French Open and U.S. Open champion.
"I will do my best to come back to the Swiss Indoors next year."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone