RPT-EXCLUSIVE- Orrick and Pillsbury in talks to form top 10 U.S. law firm
(Repeats to add editor's name with no change to text)
By Casey Sullivan
NEW YORK Oct 25 (Reuters) - Two top U.S. law firms are in advanced merger discussions to create one of the 10 largest in the country, according to the firms' chairmen.
San Francisco-based Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe is expected to sign a letter of intent next week to join with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, a source with direct knowledge of the discussions said.
Pillsbury Chairman James Rishwain and Orrick Chairman Mitch Zuklie issued a joint statement to Reuters that said: "Our firms are in exploratory discussions about a possible combination. These talks are serving to confirm the great respect our firms have for each other."
(Reporting by Casey Sullivan; Editing by Ted Botha and Kenneth Barry)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- GE in talks to buy France's Alstom - Bloomberg
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |