Tennis-Wawrinka, Gasquet complete ATP World Tour finals lineup
PARIS Oct 31 (Reuters) - Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka and France's Richard Gasquet snatched the last two places for next week's ATP World Tour finals after Canadian Milos Raonic was knocked out of the Paris Masters in the third round on Thursday.
Wawrinka and Gasquet will be at the event in London along with Spain's Rafa Nadal and David Ferrer, Serb Novak Djokovic, Swiss Roger Federer, Czech Tomas Berdych and Argentine Juan Martin del Potro.
Wawrinka and Gasquet, who started the week in Paris in eighth and ninth place respectively in the ATP Race to London, cannot now be caught by Raonic, who lost 7-6 (13) 6-4 to Berdych.
The cut off point for qualification was lowered to ninth place after British world number four Andy Murray pulled out of the end of season finale because of lower back surgery.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |
- Bank of England eyes wage puzzle as it mulls when to raise rates
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
- Analysis - Watch what markets don't do as world politics turns nasty