Tennis-Djokovic through to semi-finals after downing Del Potro
LONDON Nov 7 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic joined Rafa Nadal as a guaranteed semi-finalist at the ATP World Tour Finals with a 6-3 3-6 6-3 victory over Argentine Juan Martin del Potro on Thursday.
The 26-year-old Serb absorbed some brutish attacks from Del Potro before stretching away in the deciding set to earn himself a second victory in Group B.
Del Potro now faces a shoot-out with Roger Federer on Saturday to see which of them will join defending champion Djokovic in the last four of the year-ender.
Earlier Federer beat Richard Gasquet in straight sets to get off the mark after losing his opening match to Djokovic.
Nadal is already assured of a semi-final berth having won both his Group A matches, sealing the year-end world number one ranking in the process. (Reporting by Martyn Herman; Editing by Alison Wildey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia