Tennis-Clinical Djokovic sets up Nadal showdown at Tour Finals
LONDON Nov 10 (Reuters) - Defending champion Novak Djokovic set up a title showdown against Rafa Nadal at the ATP World Tour Finals with a 6-3 6-3 defeat of Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka on Sunday.
The Serb, who lost his number one ranking to Nadal in October, was too solid for Wawrinka in the day's second semi-final as he racked up a 14th consecutive victory over the 28-year-old.
Djokovic used all his defensive skills in the eighth game of the first set to convert a break point for a 5-3 lead and took the opener with an ace.
Wawrinka, who has made the semi-finals on his debut appearance at the season-ending showpiece, hung on grimly in the second set after dropping serve but Djokovic was clinical as he stretched his winning streak to 21 matches.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- American detained in North Korea gets job back with Ohio city
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps