Switzerland classifies ZKB as systemically important bank
ZURICH (Reuters) - The Swiss National Bank (SNB) (SNBN.S) said on Monday has added Zuercher Kantonalbank (ZKB) to its list of banks that come under closer supervision due to their importance to the wider financial system.
ZKB joins UBS (UBSN.VX) and Credit Suisse (CSGN.VX), which are already considered systemically important by Switzerland's central bank.
In most jurisdictions, banks whose stability is considered essential for the well-being of the financial system are required to meet tougher regulatory requirements, such as holding a bigger capital cushion to protect itself against potential market shocks.
The SNB declined to provide details on Monday on the implications for ZKB.
ZKB confirmed the move, but declined further comment ahead of a media briefing scheduled for 1300 GMT.
(Reporting by Silke Koltrowitz; Writing by Mark Potter; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone