Switzerland classifies ZKB as systemically important bank
ZURICH (Reuters) - The Swiss National Bank (SNB) (SNBN.S) said on Monday has added Zuercher Kantonalbank (ZKB) to its list of banks that come under closer supervision due to their importance to the wider financial system.
ZKB joins UBS (UBSN.VX) and Credit Suisse (CSGN.VX), which are already considered systemically important by Switzerland's central bank.
In most jurisdictions, banks whose stability is considered essential for the well-being of the financial system are required to meet tougher regulatory requirements, such as holding a bigger capital cushion to protect itself against potential market shocks.
The SNB declined to provide details on Monday on the implications for ZKB.
ZKB confirmed the move, but declined further comment ahead of a media briefing scheduled for 1300 GMT.
(Reporting by Silke Koltrowitz; Writing by Mark Potter; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |