Czech party leader says government can be formed by year-end
PRAGUE (Reuters) - The leader of the Czech Republic's Social Democratic Party, Bohuslav Sobotka, said on Wednesday he believed a coalition government could be formed by the end of the year.
Sobotka, whose party had the biggest share of votes in last month's parliamentary election, was speaking to reporters after meeting President Milos Zeman to discuss formation of the coalition government.
"We agreed with Mr. President that if coalition talks proceed well, there's a real chance that the Czech Republic could have a new government before year end," Sobotka said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says