Tennis-Czech Republic beat Serbia to retain Davis Cup
BELGRADE Nov 17 (Reuters) - The Czech Republic won their second successive Davis Cup title after Radek Stepanek beat Dusan Lajovic 6-3 6-1 6-1 to give them a 3-2 victory against the 2010 champions Serbia on Sunday.
Serbia's world number two Novak Djokovic levelled the tie earlier in the day with a straight-sets win over Tomas Berdych, but the passionate home fans were silenced by a cool performance from Stepanek who gave the 117th-ranked Lajovic no chance in the decisive rubber.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct
- Record Chelsea win prompts talk of another title assault
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp