Tennis-Czech Republic beat Serbia to retain Davis Cup
BELGRADE Nov 17 (Reuters) - The Czech Republic won their second successive Davis Cup title after Radek Stepanek beat Dusan Lajovic 6-3 6-1 6-1 to give them a 3-2 victory against the 2010 champions Serbia on Sunday.
Serbia's world number two Novak Djokovic levelled the tie earlier in the day with a straight-sets win over Tomas Berdych, but the passionate home fans were silenced by a cool performance from Stepanek who gave the 117th-ranked Lajovic no chance in the decisive rubber.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours
- MPs criticise UK arms sales to Russia as Cameron pledges no new exports
- Analysis - Argentine default in balance as government refuses to capitulate