Split in Berlusconi party means government more stable - Italy PM
ROME (Reuters) - A split in the centre-right party of Silvio Berlusconi means the Italian government will be more stable, Prime Minister Enrico Letta said on Monday.
On Saturday Berlusconi said his Forza Italia (FI) may no longer back Letta, but a group supportive of the coalition defected from the party, leaving him without the numbers to bring the government down.
(Reporting by Giselda Vagnoni, writing by Naomi O'Leary)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Bank of England suspends real-time payments system
- FTSE slips back, weighed down by oil stocks
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |