Split in Berlusconi party means government more stable - Italy PM
ROME (Reuters) - A split in the centre-right party of Silvio Berlusconi means the Italian government will be more stable, Prime Minister Enrico Letta said on Monday.
On Saturday Berlusconi said his Forza Italia (FI) may no longer back Letta, but a group supportive of the coalition defected from the party, leaving him without the numbers to bring the government down.
(Reporting by Giselda Vagnoni, writing by Naomi O'Leary)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |