Split in Berlusconi party means government more stable - Italy PM
ROME (Reuters) - A split in the centre-right party of Silvio Berlusconi means the Italian government will be more stable, Prime Minister Enrico Letta said on Monday.
On Saturday Berlusconi said his Forza Italia (FI) may no longer back Letta, but a group supportive of the coalition defected from the party, leaving him without the numbers to bring the government down.
(Reporting by Giselda Vagnoni, writing by Naomi O'Leary)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry sinking |
- Separatists take armoured vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again |
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |