Split in Berlusconi party means government more stable - Italy PM
ROME (Reuters) - A split in the centre-right party of Silvio Berlusconi means the Italian government will be more stable, Prime Minister Enrico Letta said on Monday.
On Saturday Berlusconi said his Forza Italia (FI) may no longer back Letta, but a group supportive of the coalition defected from the party, leaving him without the numbers to bring the government down.
(Reporting by Giselda Vagnoni, writing by Naomi O'Leary)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- Traveller from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S.
- Lufthansa pilots' 15-hour strike affects 9,000 travellers
- UPDATE 4-Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'