Split in Berlusconi party means government more stable - Italy PM
ROME (Reuters) - A split in the centre-right party of Silvio Berlusconi means the Italian government will be more stable, Prime Minister Enrico Letta said on Monday.
On Saturday Berlusconi said his Forza Italia (FI) may no longer back Letta, but a group supportive of the coalition defected from the party, leaving him without the numbers to bring the government down.
(Reporting by Giselda Vagnoni, writing by Naomi O'Leary)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles