Pentagon halts ground shipments out of Afghanistan via Pakistan
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military has halted U.S. ground shipments of cargo leaving Afghanistan via its key Pakistan supply route to ensure the safety of drivers following protests in Pakistan over American drone strikes, a Pentagon spokesman said on Tuesday.
"We anticipate we will be able to resume our shipments through this route in the near future," spokesman Mark Wright said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- China urges Japan to break from aggressive past after Abe honours war criminals
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence