Turkish navy tugboat capsizes, 10 killed
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - A Turkish navy tugboat capsized while docked for repairs at a shipyard on the Aegean coast on Monday, killing 10 people, the military said.
Eight of the dead were military personnel and two were civilian workers, local media said. Seventeen other military personnel were injured.
The tugboat, TCG Degirmendere, was being lowered into the sea after maintenance work at the Izmir shipyard when it suddenly listed to one side, taking on water, the military said in a statement.
(Writing by Ece Toksabay; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked team attacked despite lockdown
- Argentine President said received Islamic State threats
- Brown says London must keep promise to Scotland as political truce ends
- Munitions factory hit in Ukraine's Donetsk, buffer zone to be set up