Macy's forecasts strong earnings, to cut 2,500 jobs
(Reuters) - Department store operator Macy's Inc (M.N) forecast earnings for the coming year above Wall Street estimates and announced a new cost cutting plan that will save the retailer about $100 million annually.
Shares of Macy's, the operator of Macy's and Bloomingdale's department stores, rose 5 percent after the bell.
The restructuring plan will include about 2,500 job cuts, the relocation of some stores and combining the company's Midwest region with its North region, reducing the number of regions to seven from eight.
(Reporting by Maria Ajit Thomas in Bangalore; Editing by Anthony Kurian)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |