Macy's forecasts strong earnings, to cut 2,500 jobs
(Reuters) - Department store operator Macy's Inc (M.N) forecast earnings for the coming year above Wall Street estimates and announced a new cost cutting plan that will save the retailer about $100 million annually.
Shares of Macy's, the operator of Macy's and Bloomingdale's department stores, rose 5 percent after the bell.
The restructuring plan will include about 2,500 job cuts, the relocation of some stores and combining the company's Midwest region with its North region, reducing the number of regions to seven from eight.
(Reporting by Maria Ajit Thomas in Bangalore; Editing by Anthony Kurian)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew, stowage as rescue hampered |
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial for assault
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor