Tennis-Almagro pulls out of Australian Open with shoulder injury
MELBOURNE Jan 9 (Reuters) - Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, seeded 13th in the men's draw, has pulled out of the Australian Open due to a shoulder injury, organisers said on Thursday.
"Disappointed to confirm that Nicolas Almagro has withdrawn from the #ausopen due to an ongoing shoulder injury. We wish him a fast recovery!" a post on the tournament's Twitter feed said.
Spain's number three player behind world number one Rafa Nadal and third-ranked David Ferrer, 28-year-old Almagro reached the quarter-finals at Melbourne Park last year.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |