M&S CFO says board, investors back executive team
LONDON (Reuters) - Marks & Spencer's executive team, led by CEO Marc Bolland, retains the backing of the British retailer's board and investors despite the firm posting a tenth straight quarter of declining underlying sales in clothing, its chief finance officer said.
"The board is behind us and behind the strategy and the shareholders are behind us and behind the strategy," Alan Stewart told reporters on Thursday.
He declined to put a time frame on when M&S would return to positive like-for-like sales growth in general merchandise, which spans clothing, footwear and homewares.
"The step by step approach is what we've spoken about and I think that's the way in which we're going to be measured and the way that we look at it," he said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |