Tennis-Murray overcomes blip to brush aside Millot
MELBOURNE Jan 16 (Reuters) - Andy Murray dug himself out of a hole with an inspired passage of play to fend off French qualifier Vincent Millot 6-2 6-2 7-5 and cruise into the third round of the Australian Open on Thursday.
Two sets up and at 1-1 in the third, Wimbledon champion Murray suffered a huge lapse, allowing the 267th-ranked Frenchman to charge out to a 5-1 lead under the lights at Rod Laver Arena.
Briton Murray simply flicked a switch and won 23 consecutive points in a blistering finish to seal the match with a big serve.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |