Tennis-Murray overcomes blip to brush aside Millot
MELBOURNE Jan 16 (Reuters) - Andy Murray dug himself out of a hole with an inspired passage of play to fend off French qualifier Vincent Millot 6-2 6-2 7-5 and cruise into the third round of the Australian Open on Thursday.
Two sets up and at 1-1 in the third, Wimbledon champion Murray suffered a huge lapse, allowing the 267th-ranked Frenchman to charge out to a 5-1 lead under the lights at Rod Laver Arena.
Briton Murray simply flicked a switch and won 23 consecutive points in a blistering finish to seal the match with a big serve.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers