Bombardier-led group wins $4.1 bln railway contract in Australia
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc said on Friday a group led by its rail technology unit has signed a $4.1 billion contract with the Australian state of Queensland.
Bombardier Transportation's share of the contract for a rollingstock project is valued at about $2.7 billion.
Bombardier will supply 75 electrical multiple units, build a depot and provide maintenance for 30 years.
Specialist asset manager John Laing, Japanese trading house Itochu Corp and Uberior are the other members of the consortium.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Heritage Classic scores
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- West African Ebola outbreak caused by new strain of disease: study