Bombardier-led group wins $4.1 bln railway contract in Australia
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc said on Friday a group led by its rail technology unit has signed a $4.1 billion contract with the Australian state of Queensland.
Bombardier Transportation's share of the contract for a rollingstock project is valued at about $2.7 billion.
Bombardier will supply 75 electrical multiple units, build a depot and provide maintenance for 30 years.
Specialist asset manager John Laing, Japanese trading house Itochu Corp and Uberior are the other members of the consortium.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Iceland lowers volcano alert, says small eruption no threat to aviation
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders