Bombardier-led group wins $4.1 bln railway contract in Australia
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc said on Friday a group led by its rail technology unit has signed a $4.1 billion contract with the Australian state of Queensland.
Bombardier Transportation's share of the contract for a rollingstock project is valued at about $2.7 billion.
Bombardier will supply 75 electrical multiple units, build a depot and provide maintenance for 30 years.
Specialist asset manager John Laing, Japanese trading house Itochu Corp and Uberior are the other members of the consortium.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Bank of England eyes wage puzzle as it mulls when to raise rates
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- GlaxoSmithKline warns on profits as lung drug sales flag