Bombardier-led group wins $4.1 bln railway contract in Australia
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc said on Friday a group led by its rail technology unit has signed a $4.1 billion contract with the Australian state of Queensland.
Bombardier Transportation's share of the contract for a rollingstock project is valued at about $2.7 billion.
Bombardier will supply 75 electrical multiple units, build a depot and provide maintenance for 30 years.
Specialist asset manager John Laing, Japanese trading house Itochu Corp and Uberior are the other members of the consortium.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |