Tennis-Sharapova dumped out of Australian Open by Cibulkova
MELBOURNE Jan 20 (Reuters) - Third seed Maria Sharapova was dumped out of the Australian Open fourth round when she suffered a 3-6 6-4 6-1 loss to Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova on Rod Laver Arena on Monday.
Sharapova's demise came a day after Serbia's Ana Ivanovic beat world number one and title favourite Serena Williams, also in the fourth round.
(Reporting by Greg Stutchbury in Wellington; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Bank of England splits over rate hike for first time in three years
- Look, no hands! Test driving a Google car
- Insight - Ukraine rebel movement faces uncertain future