Tennis-Sharapova dumped out of Australian Open by Cibulkova
MELBOURNE Jan 20 (Reuters) - Third seed Maria Sharapova was dumped out of the Australian Open fourth round when she suffered a 3-6 6-4 6-1 loss to Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova on Rod Laver Arena on Monday.
Sharapova's demise came a day after Serbia's Ana Ivanovic beat world number one and title favourite Serena Williams, also in the fourth round.
(Reporting by Greg Stutchbury in Wellington; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours
- Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city |
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- MPs criticise UK arms sales to Russia as Cameron pledges no new exports
- Euro finally gives in, Aussie eyes CPI test