Tennis-Djokovic knocked out of Australian Open by Wawrinka
MELBOURNE Jan 21 (Reuters) - Defending champion Novak Djokovic was knocked out of the Australian Open quarter-finals by Stanislas Wawrinka 2-6 6-4 6-2 3-6 9-7 on Tuesday.
Eighth seed Wawrinka ended Djokovic's bid for a fourth consecutive title at Melbourne Park under the lights of Rod Laver Arena and will meet Tomas Berdych in the semi-finals.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by ...)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks