Tennis-Djokovic knocked out of Australian Open by Wawrinka
MELBOURNE Jan 21 (Reuters) - Defending champion Novak Djokovic was knocked out of the Australian Open quarter-finals by Stanislas Wawrinka 2-6 6-4 6-2 3-6 9-7 on Tuesday.
Eighth seed Wawrinka ended Djokovic's bid for a fourth consecutive title at Melbourne Park under the lights of Rod Laver Arena and will meet Tomas Berdych in the semi-finals.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by ...)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on Islamic State |
- For 23rd time, U.N. nations urge end to U.S. embargo on Cuba |