Tennis-Radwanska knocks out defending Melbourne champion Azarenka
MELBOURNE Jan 22 (Reuters) - Victoria Azarenka, champion for the last two years at Melbourne Park, was knocked out of the Australian Open quarter-finals by fifth seed Agnieszka Radwanska on Wednesday.
Pole Radwanska beat the second seeded Belarusian 6-1 5-7 6-0 to set up a last four meeting with Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia. (Reporting by Nick Mulvenney, editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- ECB to begin buying secured debt, bundled loans from mid-month
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?