Tennis-Wawrinka beats Nadal to win Australian Open title
MELBOURNE Jan 26 (Reuters) - Swiss eighth seed Stanislas Wawrinka won the Australian Open for his first grand slam title when he beat Spain's Rafa Nadal 6-3 6-2 3-6 6-3 in the final on Sunday.
World number one Nadal was injury-hampered from early in the second set but rallied after medical treatment to win the third set. (Editing by Nick Mulvenney)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |