Tennis-Wawrinka beats Nadal to win Australian Open title
MELBOURNE Jan 26 (Reuters) - Swiss eighth seed Stanislas Wawrinka won the Australian Open for his first grand slam title when he beat Spain's Rafa Nadal 6-3 6-2 3-6 6-3 in the final on Sunday.
World number one Nadal was injury-hampered from early in the second set but rallied after medical treatment to win the third set. (Editing by Nick Mulvenney)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally