Flatulent cows start fire at German dairy farm - police
BERLIN (Reuters) - Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows exploded in a German farm shed on Monday, damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police said.
High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames," the force said in a statement.
One cow was treated for burns, a police spokesman added.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Manchester United top deadline-day big spenders
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked