Flatulent cows start fire at German dairy farm - police
BERLIN (Reuters) - Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows exploded in a German farm shed on Monday, damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police said.
High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then "a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames," the force said in a statement.
One cow was treated for burns, a police spokesman added.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Singer Kesha denied drug, sex claims against producer three years ago
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports