Tennis-Nadal out of Buenos Aires tournament
BARCELONA Feb 6 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal will miss next week's ATP tournament in Buenos Aires following a stomach bug that has hindered his recovery from the back injury he sustained at the Australian Open.
"I had a stomach virus that has not allowed me to train this morning (Thursday) and I have had to put back everything," the world number one said on his website (www.rafaelnadal.com).
"We are three days from the start of the tournament and without having been able to train a single day since Australia it means it has been impossible for me to prepare sufficiently to compete in an event so important as Buenos Aires."
Nadal's back injury contributed to his surprise four-set defeat by Switzerland's number eight seed Stanislas Wawrinka in the Australian Open final at the end of January. (Writing by Tim Hanlon; Editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Bombs kill at least 35 across Iraq a day after mosque shooting |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says