Whiting well in North Dakota loses control, spewing oil
Feb 14 (Reuters) - A Whiting Petroleum Corp well in North Dakota lost control on Thursday evening and was leaking 200 barrels a day, the state's regulator said on Friday.
"All the oil has been contained to the location. The well is still not under control. It may take a couple more days," Lynn Helms, the head of the state's Department of Mineral Resources, told a conference call.
"This is a large one and also a health and human risk, it's a big one," he said. (Reporting by Sabina Zawadzki in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry - coastguard |