Whiting well in North Dakota loses control, spewing oil
Feb 14 (Reuters) - A Whiting Petroleum Corp well in North Dakota lost control on Thursday evening and was leaking 200 barrels a day, the state's regulator said on Friday.
"All the oil has been contained to the location. The well is still not under control. It may take a couple more days," Lynn Helms, the head of the state's Department of Mineral Resources, told a conference call.
"This is a large one and also a health and human risk, it's a big one," he said. (Reporting by Sabina Zawadzki in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria |