Whiting well in North Dakota loses control, spewing oil
Feb 14 (Reuters) - A Whiting Petroleum Corp well in North Dakota lost control on Thursday evening and was leaking 200 barrels a day, the state's regulator said on Friday.
"All the oil has been contained to the location. The well is still not under control. It may take a couple more days," Lynn Helms, the head of the state's Department of Mineral Resources, told a conference call.
"This is a large one and also a health and human risk, it's a big one," he said. (Reporting by Sabina Zawadzki in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Bombs kill at least 35 across Iraq a day after mosque shooting |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says