HSBC says no plans to spin off UK retail bank
LONDON (Reuters) - HSBC's boss said Europe's biggest bank had no plans to spin off and separately list its UK retail banking arm to meet new regulatory requirements.
HSBC Chief Executive Stuart Gulliver also said his bank planned to pay more than 1,300 of its top staff a new quarterly allowance, effectively increasing the amount of their fixed pay to meet a new EU law capping bonuses at 200 percent of salary.
HSBC on Monday reported a 2013 pre-tax profit of $22.6 billion (13.5 billion pounds), up 9 percent from 2012, but falling short of analysts' expectations.
(Reporting by Steve Slater; Editing by Matt Scuffham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- TIMELINE-Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report